- Gain exposure by contributing to a global leader in technology protection services
- Work with the exclusive provider to many of the world's premier telecommunications and retail companies
Our client is the global leader in technology protection services. From lost, stolen and damaged wireless handsets to malfunctioning computers, gaming systems they provide more than 200 million consumers worldwide with best-in-class service, repair, replacement and delivery. The company also provides products which can protect a consumer’s wireless content and software. They are the exclusive provider to many of the world's premier telecommunications and retail companies. The company is privately-held with more than 19,000 employees and operates in six countries across three continents.
They began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by hierarchy. As a result, they have achieved phenomenal growth.
Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It is in their DNA. They foster a culture where our team members are encouraged to daily make a difference -- for their clients, customers, and themselves. Their dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
You will be responsible for key functional support to APAC Supply Chain team, which includes delivering quality auditing of multiple projects, managing, and conducting supplier quality audit. You will also provide data analysis in different operation areas to support different regions/functional teams to drive continuous improvement, implement the short term and long-term strategic direction.
- Lead, coordinate and maintain the evaluation of suppliers and their compliance with Asurion’s processes and service agreements.
- Lead, coordinate and perform activities associated with the supplier quality programs.
- Support and Implement a Supplier Quality Assurance program.
- Participate in the ISO and Six Sigma initiatives with identified suppliers.
- Maintain a database of service agreements and other contracts with suppliers to ensure they are updated and relevant.
- Participate in quality improvement teams, providing technical assistance where required.
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations to grow the business
- Support creation, maintenance and updating of SCM processes and Standard Operating Procedures: Manage and / or execute product life-cycle management and develop reverse logistic solution (e.g. product introduction and phasing out, etc.)
- Develop analytics, systems, and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports for regions
- Support regional performance reporting, including cost and productivity analysis against planned country targets
- Maintain reports and scorecards to demonstrate efficiency gains and continual process improvement as well as providing the business with full transparency on how the warehouse is operating.
- Facilitate effective relationships with cross functional departments at both regional and country level.
- Work closely with sourcing to ensure demand and supply is balanced whilst minimising inventory costs, excess and obsolescence.
- Manage ad-hoc project: Hold responsibilities on the new potential supply chain projects on solution design development
- You have a Degree in Business Management, Electronic Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Mobile Device, IT or Consumer Electronics service or Supply Chain Management.
- OEM or Distributer (mobile, IT hardware or consumer electronics) or Mobile Operator supply chain or material management experience and Cross regional experience
- You have hands-on experience with managing a warehouse operation and ensuring the optimisation of business performance.
- Experience in managing third party performance, KPIs, repair and logistics partners.
- Experience operating within small/medium or start-up organisations.
- Expert in IT systems related to Supply Chain Management (ERP, WMS, etc.) and competency in Microsoft applications.
- You have a qualification and experience in Lean Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, across all levels of the business and with external clients and partners (e.g. reporting on SCM metrics, etc.).
- You have good command of both spoken & written English and Chinese to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- You demonstrate a high degree of independent decision-making and initiative.
- You have a strong logical, analytical mind and numerical sense and you are hungry and ambitious.
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Data Analysis
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Process Improvement
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Inventory Control