We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We are looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what is possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Tax Manager (Direct/Indirect/PIT/Up to $10k) Location: Benoi Company Transport Provided (Boon Lay) Salary Up to $10,000 depending on experience AWS + VB Requirements:
- Member of Singapore Country Finance team.
- Provide concise, accurate and timely end to end direct tax advice on projects in Singapore, with a specific focus on businesses housed within Schlumberger group of Companies.
- Interact with Global and Regional teams in order to provide advice on cross-border issues and projects.
- Manage tax compliance, tax assessments and queries by the tax authorities (both for CIT & GST).
- Advice on Expat PIT.
- Work with Auditors to finalise the fiscal books.
- Manage transfer pricing issues, working closely with the Global Transfer Pricing team and finance operations on transfer pricing advisory and documentation matters.
- Conduct training and internal workshops to raise tax awareness.
- Function as a focal point for tax reporting matters, managing the interface with finance operations and closely monitoring and improving tax reporting processes in line with legislation and group requirements.
- Responsible for creating monthly/quarterly tax provision and Fin 48 reporting
- Establish and maintain good working relations with relevant government /tax authorities.
- Work on other matters assigned where value and priorities dictate.
- Role operates at senior levels in the Businesses and Functions.
- Managing the simultaneous demands of competing business clients, recognising the complexities of each different area of operation within Schlumberger.
- Ensuring the proper tax reporting of business transactions so that the expected results and benefits are claimed, and then providing audit and defense support to retain those benefits.
- Broad experience (8-10 years) in business taxation working for multinational, or a professional firm.
- Good tax accounting knowledge and experience.
- Recognised professional qualification and member of a recognised accounting or legal professional body.
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral.
- Experience in negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations.
- Demonstrates creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with commercial objectives, and make objective, practical, and technically appropriate recommendations.
If you possess relevant skillsets, do apply with an updated CV in word format.
We shall contact shortlisted candidates.
Apple Lim Pey Chyi - [ Email address blocked ]
Personnel Reg No: R2090579
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.