ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Business Navigator, the Safety & Security Manager leads and inspires the store teams, co-workers and external security guard service to optimise safety and security in the stores, for both customers and co-workers.
YOUR ASSIGNMENTYour tasks will include:
- Actively manage all HS&S programs/systems and compliance for the stores and ensure accurate and timely reporting to relevant stakeholders and regulatory agencies
- Support all business partners through the risk departments audit and review program, and compliance with IKEA & local rules/guidelines/legislation
- Lead in creating a culture where all co-workers accept responsibility for safety & security in their day to day workplace and constantly working towards increasing risk awareness;
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- To define the stores’ safety and security objectives, targets and related annual action plans
- To effect local amendments to training modules provided by the SO Risk in relation to safety and security for all co-workers and managers
- To develop understanding on the requirements of the Group Risk Manual throughout the store
- To act as a representative interface with external agencies (e.g. Police, SCDF, security guard service-companies, etc and keep informed of any regulatory changes to secure viability of these relationships
- Demonstrate capacity to lead a small team, while providing guidance, support & direction to all areas of the business within the area of your portfolio
- Previous experience on safety and security in a retail environment is preferred
- Strong communicator, possessing both verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.