About Outward Bound Singapore
Outward Bound Singapore (OBS), a division of the National Youth Council (NYC), is part of a world-wide adventure-based training network in more than 30 countries. OBS is one of the leaders in adventure education programmes in the region. Over the past 40 years, more than 200,000 individuals have been impacted by an Outward Bound experience.
Be Part of the OBS Family!
An important ingredient for the success of OBS is our team of over 70 full-time instructors. All our instructors undergo a stringent selection process where only individuals with a positive attitude and aptitude for the outdoors are handpicked. They will then undergo more than four months of full-time training in various outdoor skills, soft skills, safety and risk management systems. Their work is not merely about the transfer of skills and knowledge. More importantly, they are trained to inspire and motivate each and every OBS participant to start a journey of self-discovery. As we continue to grow in our operations, we are looking for suitable candidates to be part of the OBS family.
Recruitment Process for An OBS Instructor
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the following:
- Briefing Session - Understand the role and job nature of an OBS Instructor.
- Instructor Selection Programme (ISP) – This is a 72-hour selection programme (held over Friday to Sunday) which will put interested candidates through a series of mentally and physically challenging activities. Invitation and details will be extended to applicants during the briefing session.
- Interview - Shortlisted candidates from the ISP will be invited to attend an interview.
- Relevant experience and/or active sporting or outdoor background
- Good communications skills in English (spoken and written).
- Proficiency in swimming. You must be able to swim continuously for at least 400m without any buoyancy aid. This is necessary as you will conduct various water-based activities such as kayaking, rafting and sailing.
- Physically and medically fit. The job requires you to bring groups out on expeditions which involve trekking and/or paddling for long distances. You will be responsible for the participants' well-being when they are under your care.
[ Email this job ]